Wishing you all a Happy New Year! May your 2012 be filled with blessings and joy.
After weeks of posting sweet treats, I thought I’d share something simple yet savory: Roasted Asparagus. I’ve made this with both the thin stalks and the thick ones; the big fat guys work out better, in my opinion–juicier and meatier.
I like to purposely make a lot so I end up with leftovers, then I slice those up and use them to mix with eggs for breakfast. I’ll share a frittata recipe soon and show you how I use the leftovers.
Anyhow, this makes a savory side dish with little effort yet big payoff.
- 1 1/2 lbs. asparagus
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- optional: 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Trim ends off asparagus. Spread stalks on a jellyroll pan in an even layer.
- Pour olive oil over asparagus, then sprinkle with salt and pepper and oregano. Toss to coat.
- Roast 10 minutes. If using almonds, add them during last 5 minutes.
SOURCE: adapted from food.com